Saturday 30 July 2016

Ho Chi Mi City - Downtown

Today we spent the day getting lost quite literally in downtown Ho Chi Min City, after Emirates still have not heard where my luggage is, I decided to hit the local market and buy some basics to last till my bag rejoins me (if ever). So after getting fairly ripped off for some backpacker basic elephant print trousers, we decided to check out Ben Thanh main market, this market was packed with stalls selling anything from jade Buddha charms to taxidermy tarantulas and bats, this particular market was aimed more at foreigners like myself and it was hard to try and barter items to a lower price as most stalls had a gang of people to back up their original price. If your in Ho Chi Mi its still worth a visit especially if you've lost your luggage. 









No comments:

Post a Comment