Tuesday 30 August 2016

Batu Caves - Kuala Lumpur

I only had a day or two in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia while I wait for my flight to Melbourne to start the next part of my adventure. I heard the Batu Caves were unmissable so thought I would go check them out and see if they compared to other places I had seen on my trip like Marble Mountain (previous post) The Batu Caves were incredible the most sacred Hindu temple in Malaysia, the ornate statues and the size of the cave itself was like nothing I have ever seen, like a whole other world. The temples themselves are Hindu temples protected by statues of their Deities, the largest being a 140ft statue of the Deity Murugan whose sheer size is mindblowing. The caves are definitely worth a visit the biggest cave and the one worth seeing above the others is free entry which is a bonus! One of the smaller temple caves is 5 MRP to get in and was worth paying to see the statues inside of the cave. Outside the caves are monkeys hanging about, you can buy bananas from the nearby stall holders to feed them if you dare but they do jump and they will bite if they feel threatened not that it stopped me going and hanging out with them but consider yourselves warned! if your in Kuala Lumpur for a day or two get to Batu Caves there only half hour away by train and was the only thing I found worth doing in my time here.









No comments:

Post a Comment