Thursday 4 August 2016

White and Red Sand Dune tour Mui Ne

So today we went on a tour of the famous red and white Mui Ne sand dunes (£4.50) through our hostel ( which is amazing you should stay here) Mui Ne backpacker village. We were picked up in a jeep at 1:30pm and taken first of all to the fairy springs which is basically a super shallow river path you follow through walking bare foot through pretty amazing scenery, lots of sand and limestone cliff heads and tropical trees, after this we got back in the jeep and stopped off at the fishing village in Mui Ne, while everyone stayed at the top I decided to be really nosy and take my camera down to the actual village, the village itself was empty except for this adorable little boy who ran out of his house to give me a shell, its amazing that it doesn't matter if theres a language barrier with children, he led me to his house to show me his toy truck and was completely adorable. after this I said goodbye to my new friend and we went to the white sand dunes which were absolutely incredible (see pictures below), we rented quadbikes during the sandstorm and decided to impersonate mad max through the desert (£15 for half hour) once we spent an hour here we then moved to the other side of Mui Ne which was the red sand dunes, where you could surf down the hills on mats which we didn't do but it looked fun. Here we explored for another hour and watched the sun set over the desert before heading back to the hostel for 2 for 1 Whiskeys, day well spent. 100% recommend.
me and my new best friend - fishing village Mui Ne

Fairy Springs - Mui Ne

Local little boy who showed me his house in the fishing village - Mui Ne


White sand dunes - Mui Ne

Red Sand Dunes - Mui Ne

Red Sand Dunes - Mui Ne
Quad biking in the white desert - Mui Ne
Fairy Spring - Mui Ne 
Red Sand Dunes- Mui Ne
White sand dunes - Mui Ne  
White Sand Dunes - Mui Ne

No comments:

Post a Comment